Damage lag

Information about Bugs

Moderators: Thor, Blanc, Gaseline, Tinkerbell, Thor, Blanc, Gaseline, Tinkerbell, Thor, Blanc, Gaseline, Tinkerbell

Damage lag

Postby Noeleke » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Dear MushmootFlyff,

First of all, I'd like to tell you that I LOVE your server! Everything about it is (almost) just like the good old Flyff, but you just level faster. Love the fact that you kept Gianting actually important, instead of making rare items buyable in premium shops!

One big drawback (for me) is the current damage lag. I've tested this with EternalFate, she told a developer and the server had a restart, but to no avail. The damage lag keeps happening.

I'll explain; if I (and I think all players) attack a mob, the damage stops showing (and stops applying with it) after 3-4 hits, as if I were lagging (which I'm not, because it also happens to EternalFate). It repairs itself after I move, use a skill or untarget the mob and attack it again. This makes for constant moving around, losing precious time when hunting (especially Giants, as I'm quite squishy).

Could you please take a look at this and find a solution?

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Noeleke (Knightess & Maxx in-game)
Don't mind me. Mind your own business.
Noeleke

Re: Damage lag

Postby Noeleke » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Also, the Buff Pang normal buffs (RM buffs are working) aren't being rebuffed while they are still active. So you have to wait for the buffs to fully end and disappear for them to get rebuffed again.

Could you fix this? /yummy
Noeleke

Postby Gaseline » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:22 am

First of all, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the server /catface

The buff pang buffs sometimes don't overwrite your old ones because the buff level that is given there decreases when your level goes up. So when you tried to buff yourself, the buffs you had active were probably higher than the ones you get from the buff pang on your level. However, I understand that this can be confusing and even annoying when leveling through the tiers fast. I'll look into finding a solution for this.

As for the damage lag, have you experienced this issue ever since you started playing or did it start happening at a random time? I checked all systems and nothing shows that this should be happening. Since a restart didn't fix it either, I'm starting to think that this bug has been around since the last patch and simply didn't get noticed or reported before. It would be nice to have some confirmation on this to find the cause as fast as possible /yummy
Gaseline
Owner

Postby Noeleke » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks for the quick reply Gaseline!

As for the buffs, that makes a lot of sense! Makes people finding RMs later on, so RMs become actually needed again.

I suppose the damage lag was there since I started playing, which was yesterday. The reason I didn't start noticing it until about level 40-50 is, because pre-40 I could kill every mob within 3-4 hits. Only after the mobs got health that exceeded those 3-4 hits, I began noticing it.
Noeleke

Postby Gaseline » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:00 pm

The damage bug has been fixed. /catface

#Topic locked
Gaseline
Owner

Return to Bugs